Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Um, Yeah...

Welcome to 'The Blog'!

You are about to embark on a journey with me, if you please. I am trying to figure out why I am 32 and have never gotten to that 'place' I have always wanted to be. You ladies know what I mean. I have a relationship with our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ (excellent), a wonderful husband (awesome), I have a super fun daughter (cool, cool), I have a j.o.b. (praise God), and a huge family (fabulous blessing). Ok, not the problem here.

Why am I still in that stage of finding myself squeezing into a pair of pants and wondering why they don't fit? Why am I still asking myself, "Why in the world am I not in my Bible everyday, learning all the great things the Lord has for me?" Why am I still curious to know why I start something and rarely finish it (i.e. working out/maintaining a healthy diet). Why do I have all this knowledge about health and fitness and still do not put them into practice? These are all very interesting questions that I have yet to find an answer.

This is where you come in to the picture.
This blog is set out to attempt (and hopefully succeed) to accomplish those things.
By opening this dialog, I am hoping to help motivate (myself & others), encourage (myself & others), and enlighten myself and others.

Our bodies are temples for the Lord, we need to keep them healthy and fit in order to do the Lord's work! Why is this so difficult?

May this blog help inspire you to your own health and fitness goals and if there is anything that I can do to help, YOU LET ME KNOW!
We are now in this together. Thank you for helping me succeed and I hope to do the same for you!

May the Lord bless and keep you!
Shelley

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading more! I love it. Great way to be accountable. Love you!

    ReplyDelete